ARC OF INNOVATION
The "Arc of Innovation" represents the Wales space proposition, through a combination of:
- World class R&D through the Wales Academic Space Partnership (WASP).
- Strategic sites with airside access and room to locate and grow.
- Space Innovation Support Facilities to support developments such as rocket propulsion.
- Up and down stream space companies.
- 2,500 sq miles of segmented airspace (supported by state-of-the-art, electro optical tracking, radar and telemetry), with the potential for direct and controlled access to space.
- Support from the Aerospace Wales Forum and the Welsh Government.
West Wales has an UAS environment unique within Europe including; ParcAberporth (Europe’s only purpose designed UAS technology park), West Wales airport (Europe’s only civil airport that enables flying of UAS under regulated conditions) and Llanbedr Airfield with UAV available hangar facilities. This UAS environment is supported by the West Wales UAV Centre, which provides a range of services. Wales has led the development of UAS technology for over 40 years, with strong alliances forged between industry and Welsh universities with international reputations in UAS research. This legacy provides the knowledge, infrastructure and expertise to accommodate the next chapter in human flight; space planes, as well as drive further development of UAS technology and platforms.